About B2B eCommerce
In 2020, the global B2B eCommerce market was worth $14.9 trillion — more than five times the value of B2C. B2C market. Forrester predicts that B2B commerce will make up 17% of B2B transactions across the U.S. by 2023, increasing to $1.8 trillion.
Types of B2B Ecommerce
New ecommerce tools are helping lower the hurdles that traditionally B2C companies to incorporate an B2B part (B2C2B) and reverse for traditionally B2B companies to sell directly to consumers (B2B2C).
The B2B2C model can be best explained by looking at how the wholesaler or manufacturer interacts with the traditional B2B or B2C models. In such models, the manufacturer or wholesaler delivers goods to the B2B, and those products are sold to the buyer. In the B2B2C model, the manufacturer or wholesaler connects with the consumer, either working with B2B.
Wholesale B2B models are used in many industries; traditionally, transactions are conducted by phone, email, or spreadsheet orders. Wholesale e-commerce is a way to make everything digital platform permits wholesalers to show products more efficiently and provides a seamless shopping experience.
Manufacturers make finished goods on a massive scale using raw materials, parts, manual labor, and equipment. In B2B models, the B2B arrangement offers final products to suppliers, manufacturers, or wholesalers. However, it’s not just B2C clients who have more high-end expectations.
A manufacturer may partner with a distributor who will sell their product on their behalf. In this scenario, the distributor is in close contact with the manufacturers to promote the items they manufacture to grow sales and move the product through the distribution channel. Like other B2B models, distributors are working to speed up the process from purchase to delivery.
3) B2B Ecommerce Marketing
Here’s how to reach B2B customers, increase the sales you make online, improve your business, and focus on the below things:
- Help customers understand the latest products, features, and promotions
- Transfer customers from offline channels to online channels
- Make use of technology to resolve the ongoing challenges of customers
- Automated Inventory Management using an angle of the customer
- Order Dashboard Visibility for the Fulfillment Team
- Increased order value and purchase frequency
- Assist teams and business processes in allowing for growth
- Make sure that ecommerce is compatible with all other sales channels
- Add value to the human and business aspects of the transaction
- Ecommerce requires price transparency
2) Advantages of Using a B2B Ecommerce Platform
If you’re ready to go online shopping, The first significant step is to choose the right B2B e-commerce platform. With the multitude of available platforms, businesses can benefit from the latest technology in e-commerce to satisfy their customers’ requirements and upgrade their technology.
- Better management of customers and suppliers
- Sell more products to customers who already have them
- Potential Expansion
- Better data analytics
1) Utilize a technology platform like ListTrader to optimize business processes.
ListTrader allows you to look up competitor information with a similar set of data to compare rates and then list them in the most competitive rates on the wholesale market.
ListTrader can be easily used with the most current Manufacturing, Distributor, Wholesaler, Buyer, Shipper, and Systems for Compliance! If you’re a purchaser and have needslist you need suppliers to offer on. If you’re selling and have stocklist that you want buyers to order from.